Saturday, February 23, 2008

Unfinished Task

It feels great to breathe the air of Mumbai again (I know its polluted but this is way of saying that I am back home in Mumbai…. Bhavnao ko samjho…:)

Ha to I was saying that its always feels great when your back home no matter where have you been.

Had wonderful time and much needed break but now is the time to finish some unfinished task and one of them is unread books or so to speak my TO READ list….

It seems that nowadays I on mission to buy books, I hardly completed two books last month but bought more then eight and the stock of unread book is northbound these days.
I am buying more books than I am reading…. May be its random thing to happen, may be its unconscious effort to find solace in these books, may be I like to flaunt my collection of books… I don’t know….

Currently reading, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. One of the best written novel I have read, the portrayals of characters are unparalleled and the philosophy of objectivism presented in the story is mind blowing.

Apart from the usual academic books, following are the unread books on my current TO READ list….

> Motorcycle Diaries By Che Guevara
> Love and Longing In Bombay By Vikram Chandra
> Thousand Splendid Suns By Khalid Hosseini
> Life Ahead By J Krishnamurthy
> Commentaries On Life By J Krishnamurthy
> It Happened In India By Kishor Biyani

3 comments:

JIGNESH said...

ha its now wise to call u (MR)hitesh ..!!
A man is known by the book he reads ..!! (condition apply) i mean finished books ..!! lol ;)
so time to miss hit 4 a while till he FINISHES the task ..
but then MArraige shud also be on the list of Unfinished task..!!wat say hit,, i guess if writting smethng whole heartedly thn everything should be included specially imp** thngz rgt.
newyz being wid u i m also leaving things unfinished and its fine n ok to leave this comment an UNFINISHED TAsK

test said...

so this shows why thr is no new post frm u.. fountainhead is an awesome book.. come back here soon..

CRD said...

hey nice collection of authors. never heard of the books though [:p] mebbe i shud chk em out